No products in the cart.
For anyone who has bothered to look at the specifications of many of our polypropylene chairs they’ll have noticed that they’re manufactured using a process known as a single injection mould. So what is this and what are the benefits of this process. Let’s take a look below.
Injection moulded goods are all around us and include plastic chairs, toys, and containers for electrical goods. In simple terms, the procedure works by turning the polymer to liquid by heating it up before injecting it into a mould. This is then compressed and left to cool resulting in the finished product.
The process is quick and easy consisting of the following steps:
- The mould for the shape of the chair is made and split into two halves
- The moulding machine uses a clamp to hold both pieces tightly together at the start of the manufacturing process
- A hopper is loaded with plastic pellets which feeds them into a heater that turns them into molten plastic
- This liquid plastic is then injected into the mould completely filling it, after which it’s left to cool down into a solid form
- The clamps are removed and the finished product is ejected from the mould.
Benefits of injection moulding
Injection moulding is one of the most popular manufacturing processes in the world today and has many benefits, including:
- Fast production – one of the main benefits of injection moulding is that it can be carried out at speed, with barely any human intervention, to make even the most intricate of products.
- Low manufacturing costs – Since this is an automated procedure the manufacturing costs of injection moulding are relatively low. This makes it an ideal manufacturing method in a market where costs need to be kept to a minimum to be competitive
- Economical – This form of manufacturing results in very little waste and, where there is any waste plastic this can usually be recycled. Products made in this way are an ideal choice for companies/customers looking for environmentally friendly solutions
- High strength – You may think that high speeds and low costs equate to a product which is not particularly strong. However this is far from the truth. During the manufacturing process fillers can be added as required both to enhance and make the product more durable
- Flexible – Another benefit of injection moulding is that the process is very flexible. It’s easy to produce variations of the product by injecting different materials into the mould and it’s even possible to inject a variety of materials at the same time to create a variety of effects.
Single injected moulded plastic chairs offer our customers many benefits with the main one being their cost which is considerably less than for metal or wooden chairs. In addition, there is a huge variety of styles and colours to choose from, so you’re sure to find something that takes your fancy.
One of our new arrivals is the Nicole chair which is available in black, latte, and mocha to give a subtle, refined look to your dining space. Why not check this out and others in our online store, by downloading our latest furniture catalogue, or by visiting our showrooms.